Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Longest Run Yet and Lululemon Event! – Kristina



Well it has been a crazy two weeks! I have been logging miles and lifting workouts during the week per usual. But last weekend was my longest run yet and boy did I test my body! Although it was only 14 miles (two less than I was hoping for) it truly put my body to the test. This was one of the first runs that my body had given out and I had to run/walk the last two miles, which is not something I like to do, but the key point here is listening to my body. I tend to push and push and push and run my body till it can’t take anymore. With marathon training this is something that I can’t do because whether I like it or not I have to get back out there the next day!

My Friday run after working two jobs, although only five miles, made me feel a true runner’s high! It was my best run to date. I beat my normal time by about 0:30 seconds per mile and I felt amazing after! I have not felt this good after a run in a long while and it truly brought the spirits up!

This Sunday’s long run was one that skipped right by me. I had an overnight shift the night before and was planning on meeting my running buddies Sunday morning, but my body had other thoughts in mind. The good thing was I listened to my body and sat the day out to sleep. If I ran that day I probably would have vomited and I probably would have put my body into complete exhaustion. With more and longer running workouts I am learning how much my body can handle and although I am pushing my body to extremes, I am allowing it to rest when needed.

One amazing event that my running buddies and I were able to attend was an event held by Lululemon, the athletic clothing store. This was an event for all Marathon runners in the area to get to know one another and hear each other’s stories as to why they are running the Marathon.  The staff was amazing and helped us try on clothing, allowed us to shop around for some swag and made us think about our future goals and dreams. I could not be happier to have been a part of such a great group of people. It is amazing how everyone in the room was running for a different cause yet we are all running together!

No comments: