Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tick Tock... – Gabe

The countdown is on.  The final week is here!   I can’t believe the race is almost upon us.  When I look back on the past few months of training, I must say I am pretty proud of myself.  I said it during my first blog post, I am not a runner.  I still don’t consider myself a runner.  It doesn’t come easy to me.  But I still enjoy a challenge.  

Preparing for this race has been an amazing experience.  So many firsts.  I consistently increased my mileage, well above anything I’ve run in the past. Now, I can get out and do 10 miles and it’s easy.  I’ve spent more time on the treadmill than I ever have in the past.  I have consumed more Gu than I ever thought I would.  I have lost feeling in my toes during cold weather runs way too often.  Would I do this all again?  In a heartbeat.

This week is all about the taper.  Low miles, a couple of pickups and plenty of stretching.  I’m planning on picking up my bib and info on Saturday, and spending Sunday continuing the carb consumption and laying low.  Monday WILL be a fantastic experience.

No comments: