Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fine Tuning – Suzi


This week I feel excited and happy; I can see the light starting to shine at the end of the tunnel! This is the first week that all my runs and Crossfit workouts have felt good. My legs and lungs feel strong and ready! The hills aren't so daunting, though 18 miles will be another story all together. None the less, I feel good heading into the final weeks of training. I feel that my training has done me well thus far, and I can see and feel the results of all the hard work paying off. I'm knocking on wood as I write this, hoping to not jinx myself into muscle fatigue or soreness. Even though I feel ready and excited, I need to remain focused and committed; to continue to put my best effort into the training weeks I have left, and not feel satisfied with where I am now. I have a few more longer runs in sight, and each one will give me an opportunity to try new things to see what will work best for me. My current challenge is the long gap between when I will eat breakfast before being dropped off at the buses to go to the starting line, and when I will actually begin the Marathon. I'm currently used to eating a moderate sized breakfast about 30 to 40 minutes before each of my early morning runs. Being in the last corral, I will have a lot of time before I start, so I need to fuel accordingly. This weekend I will start my long run around 11:00 am, similar to when I will start the Marathon. I will have breakfast early, and then a snack before heading out for my run. I'm hoping the food I choose will sit well in my stomach and fuel me well throughout my run. These last few weeks will be a lot of fine tuning after most of the long, hard work has already been done.

No comments: