Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Last Long Run – Donna

I couldn't have asked for better weather. We spent Saturday at the playground and Sunday was filled with family activities. The weather was beautiful and I waited till late in the day on Sunday to get out for a run. After everyone was settled down for the night I started out at 7:30 pm for my last long run before the taper. I didn't do as much as I planned but I did get in eight miles and felt strong.

I've been having some aches in a few of the joints in my toes. I thought it was due to the added mileage but wanted to get it checked out just in case it was the start of a bigger problem. I was able to get an appointment with Carla over in the physical therapy department and she gave me some great advice. Thanks again Carla!

I can't believe the marathon is less than two weeks away. Over the next two weeks I will alternate between three and five mile loops and focus on getting plenty of fluid and rest.

No comments: