Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Race Day - Martha

It's finally here! Race day! And one more thing I'm packing with me are my ski goggles! After all, if the rain continues to blow horizontally at 50 mph, as it is currently doing as I'm downing my last cup of coffee, it looks like I'll be strapping them on. I sure hope the cups of Gatorade don't blow away...then again, I'll probably be aspirating gallons of rainwater any way. I wonder if that increases my chances of hyponatremia? Well, I'm off to go “body glide” up for the last time... I’M NEVER DOING THIS AGAIN! Good luck to everyone out there today, especially the crowd! We're going to need all the help we can get on this one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay--you did it! I knew you would. It was too scary at 5 am (I got up to call in a backup wake-up call to martha)--sounded like gale force winds. Actually it WAS gale force winds. Not in a million years would I have run that race. great job! Love, Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

Martha and Heidi- what a great accomplishment! You looked terrific when you ran by; I'm thrilled for the both of you!