Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Countdown Begins – Donna

I’ve traded in my skis for my running shoes this winter. While my family is skiing on the weekend I’m doing my training runs in Vermont. Last week was a good week for me although I need to start picking up the mileage on the longer runs.

It was nice to have Monday off and the extra time to plan out my training. It’s rare that I get to run in the afternoon and with my good friend Cindy. On Monday we did a five mile recovery run and I was able to get some great advice and insight on what to expect since she has done the Boston Marathon for the past couple of years.

Most of my training runs are on the “Heartbreak Hill” route of the race. These runs always give me a reality check on where I am in my training. I was feeling pretty good and I’m starting to get excited. I can’t believe it’s just nine weeks out!

As the training falls into place I find that I need to start focusing on my eating habits and cutting out a lot of the treats. This is tough if you have ever walked around our department. I believe we have some of the best bakers that work at Newton-Wellesley Hospital.

The countdown has started, hopefully the snow will get cleared away soon and I can get outside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!! I will make sure to motivate you to stay off the baked goodies our side of NWH. Keep running, you make the HCQ dept proud!
Priya Vader