Friday, February 15, 2013

Tired of the Snow - Laura

My kids and I are tired of the cold and snow, so we head to an indoor water park for the weekend!The trouble is…I still need to train for the marathon. Friday night I run six miles on the treadmill until my kids get kicked out of the pool for being ‘unattended.’ Yes – they all know how to swim and the water is four feet at the highest point. They are not allowed in the fitness room either.
 
The next day, I plan to run 14 miles! This means another six miles on the treadmill, more time in the pool, then the drive home. The remaining eight miles consist of my son running three miles with me, my daughters (ages 11 and 8) running the next mile, and finishing the last four miles on my own before collapsing on the couch.
 
On my last mile, I am passed my friend Martina, in her car. Martina is a locally renowned clairvoyant who offers sessions on how to understand one’s past lives and remove the negative from the current one. It was not a coincidence that she passes me now and says “hello!”
 
The message I receive is: Everything happens for a reason….often reasons we do not understand.

No comments: