Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Finish Line in Sight – Jenna

Great Success! This week I ran the first 20 miles of the Marathon route, ending at Boston College. This was a true test of how things will go on Marathon day, and things went really well! I made it through the course and the hills without any shin problems, and generally felt I could have finished the last 6.2 miles once I got back to Boston. I was able to use my Powerade gummies along the way, and this time the re-fueling went well! I am really excited for race day now! The best part about the day was seeing all of the other marathoners out – they lined both sides of the streets along the course. However, I am looking forward to tapering down and giving my body a bit of a break, as I have been a bit more tired lately. A few shorter runs, a 10 miler and a 12 miler left, and then race day! It honestly can't come fast enough. I just can't wait to make it across that finish line!

No comments: