Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Your Attitude is you Altitude! – Angela

I am a firm believer that if you have a negative attitude your results will be negative! I continue to maintain a positive attitude about work and my training schedule. Well, this week I managed to run my short and long run. I will continue to nurse my injury and power through my long runs. My husband rewarded my hard training with a Garmin watch, which tracks my pace and my distance (pretty cool). I am not so obsessed with my pace because I now just want to finish the Marathon strong so I completed my 12-mile run in a little over two hours. Unlike my usual runs with a running partner or with my running group, I decided to take it alone this week to be with my thoughts. I’m glad I did this because I focused on my breathing and what the week will look like for training. I typically would not do this but something about this run, I needed to be alone with my thoughts and feel good about what I am doing. With that being said, I am scheduled to run 18 miles this weekend so now I have to think about what my dinner will be since I am not a big pasta fan. I am a big fan of sweet potatoes and pumpkin muffins, which is what I had when I ran the New York so maybe some sweet potatoes and veggies with a chicken breast for dinner and pumpkin muffin/bread for breakfast before the 18-mile run?

No comments: