Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Endurance Not Speed! – Angela

This week has been a bit of a challenge due to the ongoing injury that I am still trying to work out. I have about three knots in my lower back that are affecting my hamstring. I am now at a point that I am working with a chiropractor to work out the kinks. I took the week off from running this week and just taught spin on Tuesday and Thursday morning to give my back and hamstring a little rest. So now it is Sunday and I am challenged with running 15 miles. I must confess that I was very emotional this morning prior to my run due to the ongoing pain that I am facing. However, I did much stretching along with Arnica gel. I met my running partner Sherwin at City Sports in Wellesley. City Sports transported us to Hopkinton the start of the Marathon and we took off. Unbelievable but I did it! Did I feel the pain of the knots in my hamstring? Absolutely, but I fought through it. We finished our 15 miles in record time of running an average 9.2. I am totally satisfied with my time. I am not sure when I will feel 100 percent but I am looking forward to running without pain. So tomorrow I have another appointment with my chiropractor and I am crossing my fingers that by Wednesday I will be able to run my scheduled four miles without the aggravation.

No comments: