Friday, February 24, 2012

Sidelined - Joellyn

This was not a good week. I caught the cold that has been going around and it sidelined me for the weekend. I didn’t run, there I said it. I was disappointed in myself but I just didn’t have the strength to do it. Of course now I’m freaking out trying to figure out how I can make the week up.

What amazes me is how many people asked how the running was going. When I told them that I took the weekend off the response was nothing short of comedy. Some had a look of horror, as if I just slapped the queen. Others looked at me disappointingly, like I had just let them down. The best response was, “well, it looks like you will be finishing the Marathon in the back of the truck.” Really?? Haha I laughed. All of the above is what I like to call tough love. Nice to know people are concerned but I will be finishing the Marathon on my own two feet thank you.

The past week was not a total waste. I still somehow made it to the gym every day. I did manage to run six miles on Wednesday and another two miles this morning. Both days I felt like I had medicine head and just wasn’t really with it. I have a half marathon in Hyannis on Sunday and I can’t wait. It’s time for me to put my big girl pants on and get serious.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

A few days off is nothing. I've been told to actually be cautious of over-training. I missed an entire week. Listen to your body and you'll be fine. Keep up the great work!