Monday, March 22, 2010

An Absolute Favorite – Annie

This past week has been just spectacular weather for doing just about anything – especially running! I feel like it was the elements saying "we're sorry" for the absolutely horrible windy, rainy few days prior. I pounded out my shorter runs on the treadmill before work on Tuesday and Thursday, but enjoyed a sunny, balmy nine-miler on the marathon course/Comm Ave. on Wednesday, a quickie three-miler on Friday afternoon in Cambridge, and then a spring-like, energizing 14-miler yesterday morning in Worcester along the Holden Reservoir with my sister. That Holden Res route is an absolute favorite, with incredible views of the water and woods, some wildlife, little traffic and pine needle aromas.

My new running shoes have been great, and thus far I have encountered zero blisters! Today I am going to try a stretching class at the Shipley Fitness Center, which I think will be a welcome addition to my routine, as I find running to definitely be a tightening kind of activity. I'm certainly feeling sore today! I'll make sure to post how it goes. I need to stretch more in general, and having a class targeting this specifically will be helpful.

My sister and I signed up, like Sabrina, to do the Eastern States 20-Miler next Sunday! It's going to be a big day, but just seems like such a well-planned event and great way to get through that longest of long training runs. It should give me a good sense as to what I can expect (and shoot for) in terms of my race pace, in general. And you can't beat running along the coastline, right? I am really looking forward to it.

Less glorious weather this week, my highest mileage training week. For my midweek 10-miler on Wednesday, I plan to run from NWH home to Harvard Square, so just hope for no rain then! Lots of rest and good nutrition for me this week, as we enter the final month of training...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go Girl! I saw you running on my way home a few days back. Keep up the good running!
Priya- HCQ

Anonymous said...

Looks like good weather for Sunday! Have a great time and stay healthy...Cort

Danielle said...

Go Annie!! Good luck today!

Danielle said...

Go Annie!! Good luck today!