Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Running in the Rain! – Donna

On Saturday I woke up and put on my running shoes and thought to myself, this is crazy…why would anyone get out in this weather to run. Since I took a few weeks off due to health issues I knew I needed to get the run in regardless of the weather. I planned out a 10-mile loop up Heartbreak Hill, down to Cleveland Circle and then back home. As always the first three miles are the toughest for me, but once I can get past it I usually start to loosen up and enjoy it. It was also a nice surprise to see so many runners out on Saturday given the weather conditions.

The run itself was a good one and I actually didn't mind the rain once I got started. I tried sports beans for the first time and found them to be a little hard and ended up dropping several trying to eat while running. I'm not the most coordinated person so for water stops and fuelling, I usually need to move to the side and walk. I think I'll stick to the gel shot blocks instead since I've used them in the past and had success. I will have family around mile 18 and I can grab some more from them on race day so I won't have to carry much with me the first 17 or so miles.

I can't believe it is just 4 WEEKS AWAY!

No comments: