Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Great Run – Annie

The sun has come back to us, but all the heavy rain made for a pretty soggy long run on Saturday. I was out in Worcester, running with my sister and we made sure to leave by 7:00 am on Saturday to try to avoid as much of the rain as we could. We ran 18 miles, from Worcester out to Holden, then back along the beautiful Holden Reservoir - a favorite route. The final four to five miles were pretty rainy, but we were running in just misty morning air for most of it, luckily. I really like getting out earlier on the weekends, as the run does not completely dominate your day and you have more time to enjoy that feeling of accomplishment!

Last Wednesday I had one of the best runs thus far in my training - a perfect, sunny nine-miler from NWH along the course to Boston College, and back. I felt strong and encountered many other runners and walkers out and about. I am looking forward to a similar run tomorrow, when it is supposed to reach 60 degrees! Amazing.

I also got a new pair of running shoes last week, at long last. They are identical to the ones I'd been running in, and it's fun to do a side by side comparison. The old ones have seen many miles and it was high time to retire them. I may grab myself another pair to make sure I have appropriate gear both at home and one of my other favorite places, the Shipley Fitness Center.

Just under five weeks 'til Marathon Day and I am feeling great. Very excited and still a bit incredulous that I am actually going to be running the Boston Marathon!

No comments: