Monday, March 22, 2010

Injury Report – Andrew

On Friday, March 19, I left Newton-Wellesley to do a 10-mile run. Around mile four or five the front of my leg starting hurting. I slowed my pace and finished the run. It was a loop run, so I had to get back to my car. I am guessing it is just a sprain. It does not feel like a shin splint. I am guessing it is the extensor digitorum longus. I was very disappointed, because I was supposed to do a 12-mile run on Saturday, which I thought was the most beautiful day of the year so far. I have been resting, icing, compressing and elevating my leg over the entire weekend. It still hurts and I am still limping. I hope this resolves soon because I need to get back on the pavement. I do not want to lose what I have already gained in my training thus far. I had some great runs last week…until Friday. Ugh!

No comments: