Monday, March 1, 2010

My Recent Runs - Andrew

Saturday, February 27
It was difficult to get motivated today, but I set off on a 17.3 mile run. I wanted to do 18 miles, but the map said otherwise. I started in Brighton again. I ran through Watertown, Belmont, Lexington and Arlington. I ran out past Great Meadow, Whipple Hill and the Mormon Temple. It was a nice run, weaving through all these different neighborhoods. It was a lonely run though. I am sure that Beacon and Commonwealth get much more runners on the weekend. I try to pick a different route each week to mix up the scenery. One of these days, I am going to run out to the beach. The weather was OK today. It was cool and cloudy and I finished before light snow and rain started. Overall, it was a good run. If all goes well, and weather permitting, I will try to do 18 or 20 miles this next Saturday. I have some low back pain, but my legs feel pretty good.

Monday, March 1
I ran 6.5 miles in the gym this morning on the treadmill. Did I ever mention that I don't like running on treadmills. Well, I don't. At least it permits me to stay dry and warm while the weather outside is cold and wet. Again, I am looking forward to warmer weather and more outside runs. Good luck Team NWH on your training!

No comments: